Sunday 20 December 2009

Anubis

I found myself in the grounds of a university, although with the distinct feeling that I was not a student like those that were congregated around me or walking by.

Behind me was a huge dome structure, almost white in colour and resembling a cathedral, in a similar style to some of the old University buildings you might see around Oxford. Groups of students were congregated around the entrance with backpacks and books and the like, relaxing between lectures.



I noticed for the first time an elegant black dog, proud and alert and most resembling a Doberman, sat just by the side of one of the groups, but not part of it. It seemed a little out of place.

All the while I was aware of the majesty of the dome building.

There were now two men talking, distinct from the students by their appearance and style, they were standing where the dog had just been sitting.

I overheard one say to the other, "Does he know this is his last time?", and was instantly struck by the realisation that they were talking about me, and that this was my last incarnation on earth.

At this moment one of the men left, and I approached the one remaining, asking him questions about who he was, how he knows about me, and what was going on.

He stood stoically with the presence of one who knows more than I ever will and refused to speak a word, only looking me in the eye as I spoke.

As I was talking he transformed before my eyes and now appeared from the neck down as the same man that he was a moment ago, but from the neck up he now had the head of the dog that I noticed earlier.

In an instant the comfort of ignorance was destroyed and I was hit with an overwhelming sense that I was standing before a supernatural being, that the dome building was something even more important than I could ever have assumed just from looking at it, and that I had just overheard a God of the underworld mentioning in conversation to someone else that I was living out what is to be my last life on earth.

I violently projectile vomited all over the being stood before me and crumpled to the ground, totally levelled by the shock and magnitude of what I had just been exposed to, and immediately woke up.



Date Experienced: Approx. Winter 2007/2008

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home